Become a part of our growing national collective giving movement!
WCGN welcomes women's collective giving groups to join at any time. Our membership criteria and expectations are described below.
Read more about the benefits of membership and membership dues.
To be considered for membership, an organization must
- be or be hosted by a philanthropic 501(c)3;
- engage in collective giving by combining equal, individual member donations to make larger grants;
- select grant recipients by a democratic membership vote;
- have established grant review and assessment processes;
- provide educational experiences for members; and
- pay $200 annual dues.
If you are just starting your collective giving organization but don't yet meet all these requirements,
join as an Emerging Member!
Read more about Emerging Membership here!
It Only Works If We Work Together
Member organizations are required to
- appoint a board or staff person as lead administrator to serve as the primary contact for the WCGN;
- pay annual dues by June 15 (membership dues are paid in advance for the fiscal year beginning July 1);
- update contacts and a Member Organizational Profile Form for the WCGN database in a timely manner; and
- be open to the ideas of others.
The More You Do The More You Learn
Beyond the basics, WCGN asks members to actively participate in the network. Again and again, our members tell us that talking with others and sharing "lessons learned" are the among biggest benefits of WCGN membership. Those who lead conference sessions or monthly call topics frequently come away with new ideas after listening to their colleagues' comments.
Specifically, the WCGN asks members to contribute in one or more of the following ways:
- Be a content presenter on a monthly program or at a conference.
- Serve on the Program Planning Committee.
- Serve on the WCGN Conference Planning Team.
- Serve on the WCGN Board of Directors.