Who We Are
- We are a national network that links women’s collective giving grantmaking organizations to amplify the power of giving together.
- Our members represent 49 collective giving grantmaking groups in 24 states and two countries.
- WCGN member organizations collectively have granted over $80 million in grants to nonprofits throughout the country.
- WCGN is a certified nonprofit corporation and has received its 501(c)3 tax-exempt status from the IRS.
What We Do
We strengthen existing collective giving organizations and inspire the creation of new ones. Through regular, collaborative communication we
- build leadership in philanthropy by providing forums for sharing best practices and by offering resources about effective philanthropy and emerging trends in the field;
- offer support and encouragement to women building new collective giving groups in their own communities; and
- promote national awareness about the positive impact of collective, community-based philanthropy to increase participation and extend its benefits to more communities.
How We Do It
- We offer members-only monthly educational webinars covering relevant topics in philanthropy and grantmaking.
- We maintain a members-only website with a member directory, interactive discussion forums, and resources from our monthly programs.
- We sponsor national conferences hosted by a member organization to educate, offer networking opportunities, and share best practices. Past conferences have been held in Boise, ID; San Diego, CA; Austin, TX; St. Louis, MO, and Charlotte, NC. Our next conference March 12-14, 2017 in Jacksonville, FL.
We do not make grants or direct our members' grantmaking. Nonprofit organizations looking for funding opportunities are invited to visit the websites of our member organizations.